Motion design is the art of creating all kinds of works in animation. They can be in 2 or 3D, integrated to a web page or an application. They are also used in advertising films or cinema, etc... In order to give life to a dynamic and persuasive message, this web craftsman mixes video with graphic creation or special effects. There are different types of motion design:
- Animated computer graphics convert unreadable data into clear pictograms or curves. The data thus translated becomes comprehensible, a source of relevant comparisons that are easy to work on.
- Flat Design animations are extremely effective in attracting and keeping the viewer's attention. They naturally transform simple shapes into two dimensions.
- As for the media mix, it integrates graphic and sound elements into a short film to make it more convincing and energetic.
Whatever his specialty, the motion designer generally works in the same way:
- He begins by the realization of a storyboard. According to the specifications predefined by his client, he lays all his ideas flat, imagines the appropriate graphic charter and then the illustrations. This roadmap serves as a guideline for the entire multidisciplinary team around him (art director, graphic designer, developer, etc.).
- Once the artistic sketch has been validated by the client, the motion designer then enters a phase of production, editing and finally encoding. The motion designer then develops the animated creations, incorporating special effects, soundtrack and appropriate typography if necessary.
To succeed in quality animations, this audiovisual craftsman is above all endowed with an imaginative power without measure. He also masters perfectly a whole set of software. For example, the Adobe suite, including After Effects, Premiere, but also Illustrator and Photoshop, are an integral part of his daily arsenal.
These skills are generally acquired after a minimum two-year university education. Nevertheless, many audio-visual lovers learn motion design on their own and their skills are recognized.
Many companies have understood the influence motion design can have on their business. What about you? Have you thought about it? Don't wait! UNE® has found for you the professional who knows animation and motion design and how to make your message impactful. All you have to do is entrust your project to him!